Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Week 9 Weigh-In or Sorry It's So Late, I've Been Tired

I thought I had lucked out when E starting sleeping through the night at 8 weeks, I reveled in the gloriousness of a full nights sleep, but he was only lulling me into a false sense of security. Last week we hit the wonders of sleep regression, which is common for babies his age, but it is hitting me hard. He was up at least twice a night wanting to be fed and no amount of calming would work, it was boob or bust. I shouldn't complain, at least he was sleeping a few hours at a stretch and napping some during the day. I know it could have been a lot worse, but it has been rough none the less. The only benefit to this sleep regression mixed with a growth spurt is that he has been nursing a ton, which has aided me this week in my weight loss. I ran twice and worked out with Jillian twice but other than that I pretty much did nothing but nurse and read e-books on my iPad. E gets total credit for my weight loss this week, so yeah for hungry babies!

So as I am writing this I realize that I took my weekly scale picture with Joe's phone and not mine (this is because my phone spent Friday night and Saturday morning at Target because I left it on the counter at customer service because of the aforementioned lack of sleep) I will add this picture later but it was 166.6. Now other than the slightly creepiness of having a weight that includes 666, I am very happy. A 2.4 pound loss on a week that didn't involve a whole lot exercise on my part is pretty awesome. I can see some of the weight loss when I look in the mirror but my mommy tummy doesn't seem to be making any effort to shrink as I had requested. I'm going to have to focus on core stuff and find a new workout regime along with my running because I need a boost in the toning department. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have one last day of Couch to 5K to go, though I should have been done last week (see excuse above) but my times have gotten better, especially for treadmill running. I'm going to try to go to the gym tonight and finish up C25K in style and try to figure out what my next step will be.

In other news we went on our family staycation at the Great Wolf Lodge on Sunday and Monday. I kinda of pushed Joe into it and told him we needed some kind of getaway since we weren't going anywhere else this summer. Our GWL is only about 45 minutes away in Grapevine, TX so travel wise its perfect and I knew with all of us being so pasty (or as Joe would save, cave dwellers) an indoor water park would be perfect for us. If you haven't been and you have the chance go. It's a bit expensive per night but if you factor in the cost of the room, 4 water park passes for 2 days (you get to use them the day you check in and the whole day after you check out) plus the convenience of everything being really centrally located, it's actually not terrible price wise. None of us, except maybe E, wanted to leave and we wish we had added on an extra day. We will definitely be going back, and K has yet to stop talking about it since we got home. I have a few posts to write this week (depending on E's nap schedule) so I'll leave you with some pictures from this week.
 Best time so far on the treadmill with 30 minutes of running
 4 people for one night 45 minutes from home, can you say overpacked?

 Playing in the kids area
 She loved the wave pool
 Family picture at dinner
 Daddy's turn in the wave pool
The face of a child who didn't want to leave

No comments:

Post a Comment