Monday, July 22, 2013

Week 8 Weigh-In, Week in Review, and Goodbye 170's!

This post is going to be short, mainly because not much happened last week. I started to feel crappy on Sunday with the same sore throat and sinus drainage I had a few weeks ago. This also coincided with the 3 days of rain we got here in North Texas which is uncharacteristic for Texas in mid July. I have decided that I must be allergic to something the rain brings in because every time in rains down here my sinuses decided to go all Niagara Falls. Sufficed to say I felt like crap and that made running, working out, and generally functioning difficult. I managed a treadmill run at the Y on Monday and Saturday and now am a day behind on Couch to 5K. I ate ok this week but that had more to do with feeling bad and not being hungry than anything else. I had a huge fear of backtracking when stepping on the scale because I had barely worked out at all. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this on the scale Saturday morning.
That makes a pound for the week, and with the way this week was I consider that a huge victory. Couch to 5K started me on 28 minutes runs and both of them so far have killed me. It might be because I HATE treadmill running and I will be happy when I can run outside this week (unless its ridiculosly hot, then its back to the dreadmill with me). I am extremely happy to be out of the 170's and I hope I never see them again! I want to keep running but I am starting to get bored with my workout routine in general. I am thinking of trying one of those 30 day challenges I see all over Pinterest but I haven't decided which. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. I did find a body wrap package on Groupon but I haven't had a chance to call and schedule my appointment, so I will definitely be reporting on that soon. A few good things did happen this week so I'll leave you with those.
 My best Couch to 5K yet, 5 minute warm up, 28 minute run, 5 minute cool down
 Pool party with friends
Waiting for fireworks over Lake Grapevine
 Great fireworks and K was totally cool with them, big improvement from last year
Helping Mommy make blueberry pancakes for brunch
 E turned 3 months old on Sunday, he also rolled over from back to belly on Saturday morning

No comments:

Post a Comment