Saturday, July 6, 2013

Week 6 Weigh-in- The One Where I Kind of Fell Off the Wagon

This week was ROUGH, at least when it came to sticking to all of my weight loss goals. Sunday I was sick with a sinus infection and my throat was still pretty sore. Monday I did get to run in the evening but I still wasn't feeling very good. I wanted to make sure I was ready for the 5K on Thursday and I didn't want to not run and end up killing myself that morning. I had a few days where I didn't track what I ate, and to top it off there was banana bread in my house (total trigger food) during the beginning of the week. I struggle with watching my calories and still eating enough to feed E (almost exclusivly breastfeed for 10 weeks, woot woot). I don't want my supply to tank but I don't want to eat more calories than I need either, so it's a day to day battle between me and my body.

On a positive note, the 5K went well. I was running this one for me, I wanted to know I could finish it, that even 10 weeks after having a baby I could run again.

 Got my number and "free" T-shirt
 My alarm on Thursday morning (I did not snooze)
 My Old Navy patriotic T-shirt I turned into a running tank (instructions can be found at http://dollarssenseandmore.wordpress.com/2012/03/16/diy-tank-top-fashion-on-a-budget/)
 Sunrise over the Trinity River and downtown Fort Worth
 Milling around waiting for the race to start
 Selfie waiting to get going
 My true run time ended up being 34 minutes 50 seconds but I forgot to turning off my running app until I got to the hospitality tent. 
Sweaty, tired, and proud
Back last summer my average 5K time was between 29 and 32 minutes so finishing in less than 35 minutes after training for 6 weeks is pretty impressive. I stopped to walk twice, once around the 22 minute mark for about 2 minutes and again around 30 minutes for maybe about a minute. I couldn't have asked for better running weather in Texas in July, there was a breeze and it was around 73 degrees (yeah for unexpected cold fronts). I ran by myself and the husband stayed home with the kids so I was kinda lonely. I didn't have anyone to run with or to meet me at the finish line which was a bummer. I don't think I'll run another race solo again, I'll find someone to drag with me to at least wait for me at the end (if I can't get them to run with me). I can't wait for the Oktoberfest 5K at the end of September and in between I'll just keep running and see if I can improve my time.

Now for the nitty gritty, I stepped on the scale this morning and this is what I saw.
That makes only a .2 pound loss for the whole week. With everything that happened this week (4th of July BBQ and a trip to the movie theater included) I should have been happy with the face that it wasn't a gain but I was still disappointed. I started last weekend with all intentions of breaking into the 172's and I was let down. I know this is a process and I want to be healthy about it, but it is super frustrating to work hard all week and see almost no difference on the scale. But I decided this morning that I was just going to reboot this week and get back on the proverbial wagon. I ran my Couch to 5K this morning and have tracked everything I've eating so far today. I'll let you know how this week goes and should be updating on our summer bucket list tomorrow evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment