Sunday, April 7, 2013

Our Take on a Superhero Nursery

Since I just posted the awesome superhero t-shirt quilt that my friend Z and I made, I thought I would share how the nursery came out. A few things to remember, we live in a rental house (although they let us pick out the color of the room) so we didn't want to hang up too much and have been serious users of Command brand hooks and picture hangers.
The letters were done back in January and the process can be seen on the blog http://pinterestingsummer2012.blogspot.com/2013/01/mod-podge-superhero-collagesay-that-3.html
The bookshelf is from Ikea, baskets from Walmart, and the glider is a hand-me-down from our daughters room.
The wall signs were from Amazon.com from a seller called Poster Revolution. They were around $9 a piece and we have Amazon Prime so we didn't have to pat for shipping. The quilt we made, the crib and sheet are from Target, and my friend Z made the chevron bed skirt from material she bought on Etsy.
We lucked out and the rental house had a built in desk and shelves that happened to be the perfect size for a changing table pad. The small baskets are from Target and the Fantastic Four comic picture was given to me at our baby shower and fit in perfectly.
The picture is from AllPosters.com and I got the frame from Michaels. I am going to put in a white wall shelf on one of the empty walls to hold some of the small superhero knick knacks that we have been given. I am very happy with how it turned out and glad we tried something out of the ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment