Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week 5 Weigh In and My Week in Review

Well Week 5 has ended and I was highly anticipating what the scale would be telling me. I did a good job tracking all of my calories but I had a few meals out of the house this week, which always makes it more difficult to stay on track. Friday night was especially difficult because I went to Chuy's (a great Tex-Mex restaurant/bar) and the endless baskets of tortilla chips were hard to resist. I don't think I went nuts but I certainty had more than a sensible serving. I worked out with Jillian 3 days this week and completed week 5 of Couch to 5K. On the last day of this week, I was forced to run for 20 solid minutes, which I was DREADING even though only a year ago I could run for over 40 minutes (a lot has changed in the past 12 months). I wanted to get out of the house by 7 to get my run in before it got hot (There was a high of 104 yesterday) but because of the late night on Friday I didn't get started until almost 9.


Good news is I actually ran the whole 20 minutes and didn't pass out. Bad news is I probably exacerbated the sinus issues and sore throat I had been suffering with because by 5 pm yesterday I was running a fever and my throat was on fire and by 7:30 I was sitting at CareNow waiting to see the Dr. A sinusitis diagnosis and a some antibiotics and I am feeling better, not 100%, but way better than even 12 hours ago. But before all the sickness crap, this is what the scale read yesterday morning.
That made a 1.6 pound weight loss for the week! I'm not sure what will happen this week with the medicine (and the 4th of July) but I am really for to try and get down into the 172's so I can go get that body wrap. I am still planning on running the 5K Thursday morning as long as I am feeling better, but I'm not sure what my workout schedule will look like this week (I'm obviously taking today off to rest).

Here are some other things that happened this week:

Look at that boy plank

The newest member of our family. Joe got his man toy Ford Explorer (and I'm an idiot for not noticing it had a third row of seats, even after I test drove it)

Me and K before going to see the Kids Who Care production of Peter Pan. She loved it, but it ran a little late for her (there were LOTS of tears because she was upset when it was over).

E is master of the Bumbo

K decided to dress up as Green Lantern for school on Thursday, just because. Her father couldn't be more proud
I will post after the 5K and let everyone know how it went and I should have a post soon about my Summer "Bucket" List.

No comments:

Post a Comment