Friday, February 1, 2013

Totally Unsolicited Product Endorsement- Yoplait Greek 100 Calorie yogurt

I must preface this post by saying that Yoplait has in NO way paid me for my endorsement (not that I would be unwilling to accept some type of compensation if offered, they could pay me in yogurt). I just think it's good to support and spread the word about a product that I think is awesome. I begin by saying that I usually HATE Greek yogurt, I have tried many brands and other than The Greek Gods brand Honey version I hadn't found one that didn't taste like feet (or what I assume feet taste like). Last week at Target they had the Yoplait 100 Calorie Greek Yogurts on special and it was the lowest calorie Greek yogurt I had seen (and it didn't have aspartame) so I was willing to risk the $1.02 and try one. I chose vanilla with the idea of adding in granola or blueberries sweeten it up.

I was skeptical when I tried it, but was shocked with how much I liked it. It isn't as thick as traditional Greek yogurt and didn't have that inherent sour cream like tangyness like the overwhelming majority of Greek yogurts. Serving size is also very generous compared to traditional Yoplait varieties, especially since the whole container is only 100 calories. I have only tried the vanilla (but I'm sure the other 7 flavors are good too) and I have tried it with granola, blueberries, cherries, and peanut butter mixed in (but not at the same time). If you like Greek yogurt than I think you may like this more than the other major brands out there and if you're like me and don't like Greek yogurt, these may make you Greek yogurt convert. The average price I have seen has been between a dollar and a dollar twenty, so they are a bit pricier than your regular Yoplaits, but for volume received,calorie, and protein content I think they are worth the extra 40 to 60 cents. You can go to http://www.yoplait.com/products/yoplait-greek-100-yogurt   and find out more about the other flavors and nutritional information (they have 13 grams of protein per serving).

If you have tried these I would love to hear your opinion, and if you haven't I triple dog dare you (and now you HAVE to try them, you know you can't say no to a triple dog dare) and tell me what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it tasted like aspartame and was worried. Ididn't like it. I was glad it doesn't have it but I won't buy it again. Chobani's my favorite. I like that more acidic flavor. I also like Yoplait whips as a desert because they're like a mousse.

    ReplyDelete