Saturday, August 24, 2013

I Feel Like the Worst Blogger EVER!!!

My goal when I started this blog was to try and write at least 3 days a week, trying new Pinterest recipes, projects, and helpful hints. For awhile I was doing great, then I started slipping, then I got all pregnant and fell of the blogging wagon. I was doing better again and working on my weight loss and back on the wagon again, then last few weeks I have hit another wall. I could blame it on the end of the summer blues, being frustrated with my work-out routine, my bestie flying down to visit me and keeping me busy, and just general mom of 2 kids fatigue, but whatever it is I am in a funk. I have done my weigh-ins every Saturday and this one and I had weight gain in week 11 and have plateaued weeks 12 and 13. I was down to 163.8 on the 10th and back up to 165.4 today. I take complete responsibility for that 1.4 pounds (which honestly for as much as I ate and little as I ran should have been way more).

I am still doing the ab and squat challenge and it is going well (see that post here) but I have reached a point where I have to carve time out of my day to do the workouts and that is making it super challenging. We as a family are struggling to get down a rhythm now that I am officially back to work. It doesn't help that my husband has been working excessively this week and that makes it even harder to fit everything in. I struggle to stay organized enough to remember all of the things the kids need everyday let alone try to get into a routine for myself and my health. I keep reminding myself that I am not alone, lots of new mom's of two struggle with life balance and organization. I love my kids, husband, and job but they just take so much out of me there doesn't seem much left to worry about me. I am hopeful in a few weeks we will have our routine down and in October I can start taking E to the child watch at the gym (6 months and older only) I will really be able to get my butt kicked back in high gear. That being said, I am still in a funk, and feel like I'm not sure how to realign all of my priorities to get where I need to go. I am working on it, and that's the best anyone can hope for I guess. So as not to leave this post on a sour note, here are a few of my joys from the last few weeks.
 Bye Bye Blonde, Hello Brown
 My Instagram cuties
 K got her ears pierced (after lots of begging and us explaining everything the process multiple times)
 K started gymnastics classes and LOVES them!
 My present to myself, going to use it for the first time on Sunday
My little man turned 4 months old on Wednesday. He was 14.8 pounds and 25.25 inches long. Still only in the 38th and 36th percentiles but growing right on track.

I do have my first giveaway coming up later this week (more details soon) and I will let all of you know about how I am coming on beating the end of summer blues Hopefully soon I'll be like Stella and get my groove back (I know literary reference, I'm a librarian, I can't help it).

No comments:

Post a Comment